Whether you’re diversifying or repurposing existing farm buildings or wanting to build something new, the good news is that we have funds available!
Property Development Finance
Whether it’s a major refurbishment of existing farm buildings, a new build or a ‘ground-up’ development we offer property development finance tailored specifically to your project and individual requirements.
We can source funding for agricultural, residential, commercial, industrial, mixed-use projects as well as part-furnished developments.
We’re able to provide property development loans equivalent to 75% of the estimated gross development value (GDV) of the project.
For experienced property developers, we can often secure 100% funding to acquire a development site and build out to completion.
Funding Structures Available
- Standard development facilities as a first charge
- Mezzanine or ‘top-up’ debt as a second charge (where first charge lenders allow)
- Joint Venture (JV) lending
- Up to 100% funding to acquire a development site and build out to completion (subject to experience)
What types of projects are supported
- Residential housing
- Commercial property including single build and multiple units
- Mixed-use commercial and residential units (semi-commercial)
- Purpose-built student accommodation
- Refurbishments and Conversions
Summary of current underwriting criteria
- Applications should be supported by good evidence for local demand
- If properties are to be retained on completion, long term refinance options are available
- Developments ought to show sufficient margin to absorb any possible fluctuations in the anticipated GDV of the project
- The borrower or proposed main contractor should have a good CV and able to demonstrate relevant experience
Bridging finance for smaller developments
For smaller development projects, property refurbishment finance can often be used to ‘bridge’ any gap in funding.
This can be used for both light refurbishments and heavy refurbishments, from properties requiring finishing off such as kitchens, bathrooms and other non-structural changes.
Property refurbishment finance can also be used for major works that may require planning permission.
Property marketing finance can also be used to fund the marketing period once a development completes.
Some benefits of using us
Property valuations, insurances, legal support and much more are available through our Business Support Services.
We will fully package and submit your property marketing finance proposal to ensure the most competitive rates and terms and ensure that your funding application is processed quickly and efficiently in order that funds are available in the shortest possible time.
We offer our clients a true ‘one stop shop’ facility, our core competence is to provide you a fully managed and professional service that secures the most competitive funding offer available from the entire market.
Whatever your property development finance requirements, we offer a free, impartial and totally confidential initial consultation and will quickly assess your funding options.